The following guidelines will help you develop a pre-game routine to enhance your mental preparation on game day. You should include the following six strategies in your routine.
1. Let go of any distractions or bothers in your life–a bad grade, fight with your friend, or the exciting school event that’s coming up.
2. Review the reasons to feel confident.
3. Acknowledge and overcome any doubts and/or negative thoughts that pop into your mind.
4. Set a game plan or strategy.
5. Visualize what you need to do during competition.
For more mental game tips, visit, Peaksports Network Online Mental Training Program.